Santa Maria Navarrese, is set in a green valley
surrounded by wild olive, fig and carob trees and
scented Mediterranean bush. It takes its name
from the church commissioned in 1052 by the
Princess of Navarra, daughter of King Garcia
Sanchez V, who wished to thank the Madonna for being
saved when her ship was almost wrecked near the
dreaded “Monti Insani”.